Kid-Friendly Recipe: Pumpkin Overnight Oats
What's fall without a little pumpkin spice! 🎃
We asked ThePlantPoweredParents to create a recipe inspired by last year's limited-edition Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie blend. Let us tell you—it definitely fills that pumpkin-shaped void!
These pumpkin overnight oats are a great breakfast option for kids and adults alike. Prepare a batch in minutes, and then you've got a satiating breakfast for the next day (or the whole week) ready in the fridge.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Makes 4 servings (8 oz. each)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (not canned)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 banana, overripe
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add oats, chia seeds, and cinnamon powder to a large mixing bowl. Stir together until combined.
- To a high-speed blender, add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, dates, banana, and vanilla extract. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour over the oat mixture and mix well.
- Distribute evenly to 4, 8 oz. mason jars. Close tightly and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning remove from the fridge and top with your favorite granola, toasted almonds, or banana slices.
More Breakfast Inspo
Swirl Pancakes Using Once Upon a Farm Immunity Blends
Pancakes are always a good idea if you ask...
Sweet Potato and Mango Breakfast Pizza
Everyone loves pizza, right? We sure do and we...
Recipe: Apple "Donut Holes" Using Green Kale & Apples
On busy mornings, the best breakfast is one that's...