Free Printable Lunchbox Notes for Kids
We'd like to give a big shoutout to whomever came up with the idea of lunchbox notes. They're such a thoughtful touch—and especially meaningful for kids who might be a little nervous about being away from home.
A simple, midday reminder that you're thinking of them while they're away from home is sure to brighten their day. We took some of our fun illustrations and turned them into colorful lunchbox notes that you can print out and personalize!
Psst: If your child isn't bringing lunch to school that day, you can easily slip one of these into their pencil pouch or backpack!
Once Upon a Farm Printable Lunchbox Notes
See below for printing instructions, as well as some ideas for what to write on each card!
- Click this link to download PDF file.
- Print the file as a full-color, double-sided page—ideally on card stock or thick paper (so the colors don't bleed through).
Note: If printing on regular paper, we recommend printing single-sided and taping/gluing the pages together.
Lunchbox Note Ideas
In case you need a little inspiration for what to write:
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” —Maya Angelou
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” —Babe Ruth
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” —Walt Disney
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When you decide not to be afraid, you can find friends in super unexpected places.” —Ms. Marvel
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” —Malala Yousafzai
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” —Dalai Lama
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” —Dr. Seuss
- “You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —A.A. Milne
- Why do gorillas have such big nostrils? Because they have big fingers!
- Where do fruits go on vacation? Pear-is!
- Why did the pig go into the kitchen? Because it felt like bacon!
- Where do wasps like to get lunch? A bee-stro.
- How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it.
- What do you call a fish without an eye? A fsh.
- Why do birds fly? It’s faster than walking.
- What kind of tree can fit in one hand? A palm tree!
Short & Sweet
- I love you!
- I'm so proud of you.
- Good luck today!
- See you in a few hours!
- You are so talented.
- I believe in you!
- Believe in yourself.
- You've got this!
More Back-to-School Inspo
10 O'Farm Parents Share Words of Encouragement for the First Day of School
Starting school is a big deal for everyone involved....
7 Lunchbox Ideas for Picky Eaters
Picky eating is one of the top challenges parents face...
A Child Psychologist Shares Tips for Helping Your Kids With School-Related Stress
Note: This blog is not medical advice and is for...