Muffins are already great, but make them mini-size and add in nutrient-packed fruits, starches & superfoods, and you've got yourself a winner on all accounts. This recipe uses one of our finger-friendly, organic meals as the base: Sweet Potato, Mango, Coconut Milk, Lucuma Powder & Chia Seeds. Enjoy fresh or prepare ahead of time for breakfasts and/or snacks for the week.
Why we love these muffins: Flavor-rich sweet potato contains vitamin A for eye development and vitamin C for immunity, while vibrant mango provides another source of vitamin A plus vitamin B6 for brain development for added morning fuel.
Nutrient-Packed Oatmeal Mini Muffins
- 1 Sweet Potato & Mango meal
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 large banana
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. creamy almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a non-stick mini muffin tin with cooking spray
- Steam the meal per package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Purée the meal together with banana in a food processor or blender. Alternatively, you can mash with a fork to combine.
- Add the sweet potato purée and the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture into 10 mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.