Say hello to these scrumptious, nutrient-packed tots you'll feel good about feeding to your tots. Just steam, mash, mix and bake to transform veggies into fiber- and protein-packed finger food. This recipe uses one of our finger-friendly, organic meals as the base: Pea, Zucchini & Basil with Hemp Seed & Avocado Oil. Serve as a meal for your little one or even an appetizer for the whole family.
Why you'll love these tots: Peas deliver fiber for digestion, protein for growth & development and vitamin A for bright eyes. Zucchini doubles down on the fiber content for digestion, while packing a punch with B vitamins for brain development. For extra brain development support for those growing bodies, we've added amino acid-packed hemp seeds.
Protein-Packed Veggie Tots
- 2 Pea & Zucchini meals
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: chopped onion, garlic or herbs of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the meals per package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Drain off all excess water and roughly mash.
- Combine the mashed meals with the remaining ingredients. (Option to add chopped onion, garlic or herbs of your choice for added flavor.)
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 8 rounded tots.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the tots halfway through.