Vegan Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
These delicious and nutritious chocolate chip oat muffins are made with our Mama Blueberry fruit & veggie blend and a whole lotta love! They're perfect for a fun breakfast, lunch box treat, or midday snack. Bake up a batch this weekend and be sure to tag us on social if you do!
Scrumptious Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
This recipe makes 9 muffins.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Once Upon a Farm Mama Blueberry fruit & veggie blend
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy yogurt (any flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax + teaspoon water = flax egg
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Maple or Agave Syrup
- Chocolate Chips (not optional ;) )
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put the ground flax into a small measuring bowl and add just a splash or so of water, set aside.
- Meanwhile, mash your banana and add in your Once Upon a Farm pouch of choice and the non-dairy yogurt. Take a look at your flax, it should have taken on a thicker consistency, it’s ready to add-in.
- Mix together the 1.5 cups of oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, hemp seeds, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and begin to mix it up!
- Add in your chocolate chips and stir everything together! The more the merrier.
- Add a few small splashes of non-dairy milk if your mixture is too thick.
- Grease your muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Use an ice cream scoop and let your little helpers plop those ooey-gooey balls of goodness into the baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes!
Recipe by Danielle Billotti, a plant-based certified wellness coach specializing in prenatal and postpartum nutrition.