If your baby has been used to shelf-stable squeeze pouches, it can take some time to make the transition to a less sweet tasting and more textured blend. Here are some tips for introducing Once Upon a Farm:
– Start by mixing our food with some shelf-stable food (or other food they’re used to). Slowly add more Once Upon a Farm until they’ve completely transitioned.
– Some babies aren’t used to cold food, so try warming a pouch for 3 minutes in a bowl of warm water (always test the temperature before serving).
– Try for multiple days and at different times of day to give them each flavor. Just because they won’t eat it the first, second or even third time, it doesn’t mean they won’t like it the 4th!
– Make food fun! Pretend you’re an airplane or laugh and use high tones. This can completely transform the eating experience!
– Try it as a yogurt or oatmeal topper or mix them in with smoothies.
– If all else fails, these are yummy snacks for adults too! We eat them all the time over here and it’s a great way to add fresh fruits and veggies to your diet.