The hustle, bustle and joy of the holiday season is here! Traveling with babies and small children is not a feat for the faint of heart. In order to help, we’ve put together the Top 4 Holiday Travel Tips to help ensure a safe and fun journey!
Tip 1: If staying in a hotel, pre-book a crib to ensure you will get one upon arrival. Have it set up in the room before you get there with a sheet and a blanket. If they don’t have cribs available you can purchase the Graco Pack n’ Play for fairly cheap and it is pretty portable.
Tip 2: Ship diapers and food to your destination via amazon prime for extended stays. Once Upon a Farm Pouches can also be delivered to your hotel or destination in all 50 states! Click here to have them follow you wherever you go!
Tip 3: Write out a packing list: Moms, you know how many times in an hour you can be distracted! Check off your family’s essentials so you won’t forget. If you aren’t already familiar with it, try the Travel List app from Apple iTunes.
Pro Tip 4: For long plane rides pack “goodie” bags for the kids to occupy them. Include crayons, stickers, putty, things that need to be unwrapped, rattles, interactive books, etc. to keep them entertained! Check out these DIY travel kits for more inspiration.
In your diaper bag:
- Diapers: 1 for each hour of travel. We love Parasol Co diapers. They will deliver straight to your door too!
- Diaper Cream
- Lotion: check out Pleni Naturals for all natural products made with fruits and vegetables.
- Changing Pad
- Wet/Dry bags for soiled clothing
- 2 complete changes of clothes for baby
- Hat and sweater
- Receiving blankets to use for keeping extra warm as well as quick clean ups if necessary
- 2 blankets: one large for the floor (when you get a chance to play) and one to cover or wrap baby in
- Pacifiers if needed
- Small book or tablet
- Baby carrier (we love Tula and Ergo). Here's a bit more info about safe babywearing and best practices!
- Teething item. We love these all natural, non toxic maple teethers from Maple & Mark. You can also make your own with this simple recipe!
- Small cooler with ice pack. Keep your food cool with this stylish Once Upon a Farm cooler bag!
- Bottled water
- Nursing cover or formula
- Bottles or Sippy cups
- Burp cloth
- Snacks for baby: Once Upon a Farm pouches, crackers, puffs
- Reminder: Once Upon a Farm Pouches (can easily be taken on-the-go and through TSA)
- Snack such as a protein bar or protein packed snack. Have you tried RxBars? It’s hard for us to not eat a whole box in one sitting!
- Bottled water
- Passport, ID, tickets and reservations
- Lightweight change of clothing
- Brush, lip balm, gum
- Cell phone and charger
- Purse or wallet
- Infant medications as needed
- Nasal aspirator
- Nail clippers
- Sunscreen: for a nontoxic option given the best rating through the EWG check out Bare Belly Organics
- Teething aid
- Toddler potty seat
- Stroller (if traveling by plane this can be gate checked)
- Car seat (if traveling by plane this can be checked with baggage)
- Baby monitor
Happy Holidays, Everybody! Sending you all healthiness, happiness, and smooth travels during the holiday season.
– In Gratitude, The Once Upon a Farm Team