The holidays are simultaneously the most wonderful time of the year and the most stressful time of the year. We know that traveling with tiny ones can be overwhelming no matter the distance, so we’re here to help with 10 quick travel tips!
- Make a checklist of items to bring along so you don’t forget anything while frantically packing for the fam. Here’s a handy holiday travel checklist to help you out!
- Take advantage of early boarding! Get situated with all your essentials within arm’s reach and use overhead bin space for bulky luggage and items you won’t need during the flight.
- Speaking of essentials, in-flight entertainment is key. Bring your little one’s favorite furry for snuggling, but avoid loud rattles and squeaky or loud toys for your own sanity.
- Bring books, but also fully charge your tablet and phone before boarding to use as a backup if needed. Check out this list of 22 fun and learning iPad apps for toddlers!
- DIY arts and crafts kits are also a hit with little ones. They don’t need to be elaborate either. Post-it notes, stickers and a few crayons are the perfect cure for boredom.
- When boarding, be sure to ask the flight attendants where the changing table is located. Sometimes only one bathroom (if any) will have one.
- Little ears are even more sensitive during take-off and landing. Although it may seem odd, try to keep your little ones awake for take-off and landing. When asleep, they will not swallow as often and might wake up in pain, so save napping for the flight! To help with the hurt, you can also nurse your little one, or give them a bottle. If you have toddlers or older kiddos with you, give them a chewy snack.
- Speaking of snacks, pack portable foods. Our pouches are perfect for on-the go and can easily be taken through TSA! Simply designate your pouches as baby food and put them in a separate bin as you move through security at the airport. If you freeze them, they’ll be thawed and ready to eat by the time you’re at 10,000 feet.
- If staying in a hotel, pre-book a crib to ensure you’ll get one upon arrival. Request to have it set up in the room with a sheet and blanket before you get there. If they don’t have cribs available, we recommend the Graco Pack n’ Play which is fairly cheap and pretty portable!
- For extended stays, ship diapers and food to your destination via Amazon Prime. Our pouches can also be delivered to your hotel or destination!
We hope you have a safe, happy and healthy holiday! May both your travel and your time with family be stress-free ;)